Level 1 Dental Practice Restrictions are currently in place.
The ongoing interest of safety to the community and minimising the spread of COVID-19 is paramount to the team at Smile Hawthorn.
As a result of these changes, Smile Hawthorn is continuing its service provision and clinic availability in line with these changes.
The Level 1 restrictions allow for most routine dental treatment to be continued where appropriate including:
- Preventive services
- Ultrasonic cleans
- Crowns/Bridges/Veneers/Cosmetic Services
- Teeth Whitening
- Mouthguards and Splints
- Dentures services
- Specialist orthodontics
Important notes regarding this time:
- COVID-19 confirmed diagnosis
- *Due to the hospital-grade requirements related to COVID-19, anyone requiring dental or orthodontic care that has been confirmed to have COVID-19
would be best assisted at the Royal Melbourne Hospital (03 9342 7000).
This includes anyone that has been directed to self-isolate, is suspecting COVID-19 symptoms (sore throat, fever, cough, breathing difficulty),
or has been in contact with anyone suspecting or testing for COVID-19.
- To minimise long term disruptions to your care/treatment, please retain a record of any problem/s and how they were managed at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- For extra assistance, please call us or email us
for Telehealth services, while we await your full recovery.
- When attending:
- Please complete and update your registration and medical forms online to assist you with your appointment.
- Please wait and allow our friendly staff to greet you, conduct a brief screening questionnaire, record your temperature, and open the doors for you on entry to and exit from the premises.
- Attend alone or only with necessary additional accompanying persons (for consent/treatment/supervision purposes). Relatives & friends unrelated to the required services will be directed to wait outside the premises.
- As part of the Governments's spatial distancing requirements, you may be asked to have a seat in our verandah while we prepare (changeover, clean, disinfect and setup) the surgery for your appointment.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time as this will limit the need for you to wait outside for extended periods.
- Please wait for directions from our friendly staff once any required environmental cleaning and decontamination services have been completed.
- Please continue to use your mask as directed by your clinician before and after your treatment.
Please use our online booking portal or Call us on 03 9070 3448 to organise an appointment.
As always, we encourage everyone to maintain good oral health by eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of tap water (especially after meals or snacks), brushing twice a day with an appropriate toothpaste and flossing once a day.
We are staying up-to-date with the current recommendations and will provide relevant updates on this page.
The team at Smile Hawthorn