COVID-19 Information Update - August 6, 2020!
Victoria is currently in Stage 4 Restrictions &
Dentists for urgent care only.
As an essential service and permitted work premises, the team at Smile Hawthorn are available to provide urgent and emergency dental services during this time.
All routine dental work (i.e. checkup and cleans, fillings, orthodontic adjustments etc.) must be deferred or suspended until further notice.
In line with the restrictions, and in the interests of staff and community safety, the practice will be operating in a reduced capacity.
If you require urgent dental care, please contact us on 03 9070 3448 or
send us an email and we will contact you back to discuss your concerns and manage your needs as appropriate.*
The safety of our patients, staff and community continues to be of paramount importance at Smile Hawthorn.
As an accredited practice, you can rest assured that we are following all the necessary guidelines to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Important notes regarding this time:
- COVID-19 confirmed diagnosis
- *Due to the hospital-grade requirements related to COVID-19, anyone requiring urgent dental or orthodontic care that has been confirmed to have COVID-19
would be best assisted at the Royal Melbourne Hospital (03 9342 7000).
This includes anyone that has been directed to self-isolate, is suspecting COVID-19 symptoms (sore throat, fever, cough, breathing difficulty),
or has been in contact with anyone suspecting or testing for COVID-19.
- To minimise long term disruptions to your care/treatment, please retain a record of any problem/s and how they were managed at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- For extra assistance, please call us or email us
for Telehealth services, while we await your full recovery.
- When attending:
- Please wait and allow our friendly staff to greet you, conduct a brief screening questionnaire, record your temperature, and open the doors for you on entry to and exit from the premises.
- Attend alone or only with necessary additional accompanying persons (for consent/treatment/supervision purposes). Relatives & friends unrelated to the required services will be directed to wait outside the premises.
- Please wait for directions from our friendly staff once any required environmental cleaning and decontamination services have been completed.
- Please continue to use your mask as directed by your clinician before and after your treatment.
- Existing appointments for routine/non-urgent services:
- We will be in contact with you further, via email or phone, on your specific circumstances.
As this would be an inconvenient time to be experiencing a toothache/dental emergency, we encourage everyone to maintain good oral health by eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of tap water (especially after meals or snacks), brushing twice a day with an appropriate toothpaste and flossing once a day.
We are staying up-to-date with the current recommendations and will provide relevant updates on our website.
We hope that everything will return back to normal as soon as possible and we thank all our patients for their understanding during this time.
The team at Smile Hawthorn